Whether you are having a boy or girl, decorating a nursery in sports décor will be hit. As parents, you can bring your love of the game into your baby’s room. You can decorate with décor of your favorite team or with a generic sports theme for a specific sport such as football, baseball, baseball, hockey or soccer. Finding this décor should be easy and a very affordable way for you to decorate your baby’s room.
Here are some tips to help you, as parents, get into the decorating sports game:
• There is no one wall color that is best for a sports theme nursery. Go beyond the traditional pink, blue and yellow paint. You can choose to use the color of your favorite team.
• Once the walls are done, you can add sports theme wall paper or wall paper border. You can also paint a mural of your team’s logo, your favorite sports scene, your favorite sports venue or various sports ball. You can also combine paint and wallpaper with adhesive wall decals. These can be easily applied and removed allowing you to change the look and feel of the nursery on a whim.
• Next, choose crib sets, window treatments and area rugs in your theme whether it be your favorite sports team or a generic theme. You can accent this with stuffed animals and throw pillows representing your sports team mascot or specific sport.
• Next, add sports accessories to the nursery. Dressers and bookshelves are great places to decorate with helmets, toy balls, or even stuffed animals dressed as sports players or wearing your favorite team’s jersey. You can even decorate with storybooks with covers portraying sports themes or your favorite sports team. You can face some outward so that the sports covers show and add style to the room. You can also place the books in sports-shaped bookends or bookends of your favorite team. You can also add hooks and hang pennants and sports flags from the ceiling or hang pictures of your favorite sports player.
• You can also personalize your baby’s nursery by placing baby pictures in sports-themed frames or with frames depicting your favorite sports teams. You can even take pictures on your baby in sports themed baby clothes or clothes of your favorite team and place in the frame. You can personalize them even further by adding your baby’s name to the frame.
• Finally, don’t forget the lighting. You can choose from table lamps, wall lamps, night lights or light switch covers in your favorite team’s colors with you teams logo or in generic fashion. These lighting products offer illuminating and soft glow lighting while allowing you to show off your team spirit and loyalty with decorative pieces you can be proud to display.